Reimbursement for your apprenticeship training.
The On-the-Job Learning (OJL) grant offers Registered Apprenticeship (RA) employers a reimbursement for the costs of training an apprentice.
An eligible applicant for the OJL reimbursement must be an active Wisconsin RA employer who hired an apprentice on or after July 1, 2019 and fits one of the following categories:
- Who hired a registered apprentice in the transportation and logistics, financial services, information technology, biotechnology, agriculture, or healthcare sectors; or
- Is in any industry and hired a graduate from a Certified Pre-Apprenticeship Program as a registered apprentice; or
- Who hired a graduate/completer of a Wisconsin Youth Apprenticeship in any industry sector as a registered apprentice.
If you don’t fit into these categories, contact us to see if you qualify through a different grant.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact us:Jeff Kennedy
- Complete the OJL Application and email it to Jeff Kennedy (see email above).
- We’ll follow up with you to verify and submit RA information necessary for processing and payment.
- We’ll mail you the reimbursement check.
Employers must provide documentation of employment and hours worked during the apprentice’s 90 days of employment and provide documentation of the employer’s lowest journey worker’s wage for each apprenticeship occupation.