The Health Care Workforce Alliance of South Central-Southwest Wisconsin would like to extend a warm welcome to you as you prepare for your clinical experience. We are pleased to present the clinical passport - a step-by-step guide - to ease and assist your clinical placement process, and we hope you will find it of great benefit. Best wishes to you for successful and enriching clinicals.
The following are requirements for students assuming you have been notified that your application has been accepted. All four steps must be completed BEFORE your clinical start date.
Step 1: Health requirements and background checks
The following healthcare requirements and background checks must be completed before your clinical start date.
For Edgewood College students: Follow this link to complete the necessary downloads: www.castlebranch.com.
For Madison College students: If you have already submitted the healthcare and background check information to certified background check, please skip Step 1 and move to Step 2: Orientation training.
Step 2: Orientation training
You must complete the three orientation training modules prior to your clinical start date.
- Module 1: Infection Control / OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens / Safety Orientation (PDF 8MB)
- Module 2: HIPAA / Confidentiality and Compliance Training Orientation (PDF 7MB)
- Complete facility-specific online computer training if applicable. Go to the facility-specific requirements page for more information.
Step 3: Facility Orientation
Step 4: Submit Forms
Complete the additional orientation requirements for your clinical site before your clinical start date. View the facility-specific requirements page for clinical sites and more information.
Turn in complete forms from the two online learning modules to your school representative or faculty/instructor before your clinical start date. By signing these forms, you accept responsibility and accountability for the information presented in the orientation modules above.
- Form A: Module Completion Form (PDF 49KB)
- Form B: Orientation Completion Form (PDF 57KB)
- Form C (For Edgewood College students ONLY): Center for Healthcare Education and Simulation (CHES) Completion Form (PDF 47KB)
Please keep in mind the following as you begin your clinical experience:
- While working in the healthcare facilities, please adhere to dress codes and always wear a badge that identifies you
- Facilities may assign a badge to you; return it at the end of your clinical, or you may be charged a replacement fee and/or your school records held
- Remember to keep patients at the center of your experience and practice safely
- Ask questions if you are not familiar with something
- Seek out experiences as they come available and have a great learning experience