The Workforce Development Board of South Central Wisconsin (WDBSCW), located in Madison, WI, is a nonprofit organization comprised of members committed to preparing our regional workforce for the needs of industry. We’re a small organization that plays a big role in the communities we serve across South Central Wisconsin.
*Immediate Need* Program Assistant
The WDBSCW receives funds from the Department of Labor to assist workers who have been impacted by a company layoff or closure and offers services ranging from job search and resume development to up-skilling and re-training.
Our success is evident in the creativity, hard work and commitment of the WDBSCW team. Our team members are self-starters, detail-oriented and problem solvers. Join the WDBSCW team if you're ready to jump start into a role where your talents and team approach will have a longstanding, positive impact on the communities we serve.
This position reports to the WDBSCW's Director of Business Services. The top priority of the Program Assistant's work is to coordinate and track programming for individuals going through a layoff or company closure. This includes, but is not limited to the development, coordination and facilitation of meetings, information sessions, recruitment events, hiring events and workshops. It is imperative that these efforts result in increased worker engagement in these rapid response activities and workforce programs while also supporting area businesses meet their workforce needs.
Additionally, the Program Assistant will work in partnership with career planners throughout the region with development, coordination and facilitation of events and initiatives to inform, engage, prepare and connect workers to regional businesses. This position will eventually engage in and support the broad array of target population and programs administered by the WDBSCW. This position is responsible for:
- Supporting the Director of Business Services in event planning, scheduling, partner recruitment, communications, material preparation, partner training and day of facilitation and oversight.
- Leveraging partnerships with the South Central Wisconsin One Stop Operator, WorkSmart Network, American Job Centers Network partners, community-based organizations to provide access to resources that workers may need to efficiently connect to gainful employment.
- Public speaking engagements and serving as a back-up to facilitate, present and lead planning meetings and events as needed.
- Working with One Stop Operator to ensure partner schedules and resources are leveraged to maximize efficiency and impact.
- Ensuring data collection and reporting is collected, complete, entered timely, retained and analyzed to support WDBSCW resource generation.
- Participating in the conceptualization of innovative solutions and strategies.
- Maintaining awareness of industry trends and activities associated with local economic and business environment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; however, an Associate's degree plus work experience will be considered
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to meet and exceed deadlines with minimum supervision
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Must have access to a vehicle and valid driver's license
- This is a full-time, salaried position (range of $35,000 to $42,000) with excellent health and retirement benefits.
Submit a current resume and cover letter by e-mail, standard mail delivery or hand delivery to contact listed below.
Erin Bechen, Director of Administration
Workforce Development Board of South Central Wisconsin
3513 Anderson Street, Suite 104
Madison, WI 53704
WDBSCW is an equal opportunity employer.